What this blog is about

Discoveries made while researching family history throughout the nation - find out more at the Wise-Stewart Family website!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Data entry

I've spent a lot of time collecting papers - printouts from Ancestry.com, photocopies from reference books - and not nearly enough time collating that data and putting it into Family Tree Maker.

So, when the library closed early on Monday, I went home and spent the afternoon entering data from my collection of notebooks, adding in collateral relatives that will assist my search in the future. Starting from my child and working my way back, we have 15 generations and over 30 pages of relatives.

I'd update to FTM 2011, but I don't think my poor overstuffed laptop can take it. My really old version is working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment