What this blog is about

Discoveries made while researching family history throughout the nation - find out more at the Wise-Stewart Family website!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby steps

In my goal of completing a family history in 2011, I am blogging about the steps I take so that I can be accountable to someone, even if it is only myself.

Today, in my quest, I dumped all of the information from my website into four separate files, one for each of Husband's and my parents. I need to synchronize this information with my files in Family Tree Maker. Once all of the information is matched and corrected, I need to document as much as I can, so those following me can track my sources.

Then I will decide upon a narrative arc - should I divide it by families, or create a parallel chronological record, or try something else? There are many books about writing family history, and I've read so many of them that I have confused myself and feel paralyzed.

Hopefully, writing down the steps of how I proceed will help me continue to the end instead of leaving this muddle in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment